Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Dear Aunt TUAW: Why is my iPhone sales tax so high?

Dear Aunt TUAW: Why is my iPhone sales tax so high?: "
Filed under:
Dear Aunt TUAW,



I tried over 40 times throughout the day to order from the Apple Store. Then in the evening here in California, I succeeded. The screen said shipping by June 24th. In the confirmation email the next morning, the delivery is now July 6-8!



Also, here in California the sales tax is on the unbundled [unsubsidized] price, even though I qualified for the $299 upgrade. The tax is $57.67, which is based on the $599 price. So, I am paying almost 20 percent in taxes. Does that mean that for everything I buy here in California I will pay taxes on the highest price the manufacturer can charge?!? Then why buy something on sale if the state government eats up the savings in taxes. I am really steamed about this!



Your disgruntled nephew,



Z.
TUAWDear Aunt TUAW: Why is my iPhone sales tax so high? originally appeared on The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW) on Wed, 16 Jun 2010 12:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments"

No comments:

Post a Comment